At this time, HOAA will not be administering the COVID vaccine in our office.
Those currently eligible for vaccine in Alabama are healthcare providers, nursing home residents, law enforcement officers, firefighters, persons age 65 and older, and additional groups of critical workers.
Starting March 22, ADPH will extend eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations to include people age 55 and older, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and the population defined as Allocation Phase 1c in the Alabama COVID‐19 Vaccination Allocation Plan which includes people age 16 to 64 with high-risk medical conditions which include but are not limited to the following conditions:
• Chronic kidney disease
• Heart conditions such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies;
• Solid organ transplant
• Obesity, BMI greater than 30
• Sickle cell disease
• Type 1 and 2 diabetes
• Other medical conditions as determined by your medical provider
Also, critical workers in the following areas who were not recommended for vaccination in Phase 1b will be eligible:
• Transportation and logistics
• Waste and wastewater
• Food service (includes restaurant staff)
• Shelter and housing (construction)
• Finance (bank tellers)
• Information technology and communication
• Public safety (engineers)
VACCINE SITES & INFO
UAB Medicine – COVID Vaccine Registration Info
Jefferson County Health Department – Vaccine Registration
Alabama Department of Public Health
The ADPH site details the vaccine providers with the state – see distribution dashboard.
American Family Care – Greystone Location
Ritch’s Pharmacy – Mtn Brook Village
Please call them directly to get added to their schedule – (205) 871-1141
Medical Association State of Alabama
Internal Medicine Specialists:
513 Brookwood Blvd. Suite 50 Brookwood Medical Plaza Homewood, AL 35209
We have received the Covid -19 Vaccine.
Please call 205-877-2761 for your appointment.
Mainstreet Family Care
They have numerous locations around the Birmingham area & throughout the state.
- Open 7 days per week
- Mon – Fri: Clinic Opens at 8am (Vaccine Registration Opens daily @ 6am)
- Sat & Sun: Clinic Opens at 9am (Vaccine Registration Opens daily @ 7am)
Registration opens each day two hours before the clinic opens. After beginning your online registration, please select Initial COVID Vaccination as the reason for your visit.